Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Snug as a bug


For the first time since Gracie's knee injury in April, she was able to sleep in bed with me last night. I woke up in the middle of the night in that familar "spoon" - Gracie's butt in my face and the rest of her long body stretched out along side mine. It made me smile.

When we first went to bed she laid quietly beside me for a few minutes and then jumped down. She was in the living room for several minutes and then wandered back into the bedroom with her Pig. With Pig in bed with us, all was perfect for a goodnight's sleep.

2 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

reatpicture. But shouldn't she have an -- opossum? --- Wooo Wooo Wooo.

Dianne said...

Hooray! I love that and can't wait until we graduate to sleeping with the dogs again.