Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Snorting cat

Maybe it was the hot weather this week. Maybe it was from being cooped up with little activity for 3 months. Maybe it was withdrawls from stopping the sedative. Whatever the reason, Gracie started snorting cat this week.

It seemed harmless enough. Gracie was wound up, as she usually is in the evenings. She saw Mungo lying on the floor and bounced over to him. She buried her nose in his belly fur and took a big sniff. Next thing I know, she running around the living at top speed. You've seen dogs do this before...you know, when they tuck their butt and scoot around as fast as they can. I had her leash on her, but was not holding it. In an implusive act, I tried to step on the leash to stop her run. I was barefoot. I didn't stop her. Enough said.

The next night, she did the same thing. This time I was holding the leash, so I stopped her in mid butt tuck. I showed Gracie Dr. Gustafson's latest instructions: "High-speed, quick turns, jumping, and wrestling could result in joint sprain or damage to the mensicus."

For now, I'm keeping my eye on her. She hasn't snorted cat for a few days now. If she starts again, I'll have to see if the rehab clinic in Corvallis treats this type of addiction.
Contemplating a snort

2 comments:

AMY said...

This had me rolling on the floor!

Dianne said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I can picture this perfectly. In fact I think one of my past dogs did this on occasion.
"snorting cat!" oh, I'm going to have to remember that one.