Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thankful Thursday...and every day

Gracie and I made the hour-long drive to Beaverton yesterday to see the vet. She had her 3-week post-op Xrays. Good news! The TPLO sight is healed and the femoral osteotomy site is showing good signs of bone growth after just three weeks. Hurrah!

The vet advises sticking with her current restrictions and use of the sedative. The need for the sedative was apparent at the vet's office. Gracie burst through the office doors as if to greet everyone with a big "I'm here!!" I can't blame her though. After being cooped up for three weeks not only did she get a car ride, but a visit with people who think she's the cutest thing ever.

Sticking to the plan has paid off. Now that our routine is fairly established, we'll continue with it for another five weeks until we go back for another round of Xrays.

A big milestone is successfully passed...thank goodness!

4 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

You continue in my prayers. I know too well how draining the recovery process can be -- for the dog owner. Hang in there.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

I'm glad to hear Gracie is doing better! Now that I'm working I can tell that Sitka misses the stuff we did together everyday. Mike tried taking her for a walk yesterday and she pulled him through sidewalk gravel on Glen Creek Rd and he almost fell! Bad Sitka, bad girl...

AMY said...

Go Gracie and yeah for Mom, too. =-) I can see the dog park again just ahead. Well, five weeks ahead. Not far now!

Life With Dogs said...

I'm usually a quiet lurker, but this is very good news! :)